The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to introduce the basic elements of written and spoken communication, to train the student in language correctness, business communication and the specific language of his/her own vocational branch.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to use his/her native language correctly i different communication situations. He/she is familiar with basic business communication and can independently produce documents related to his/her own vocational branch. He/she is aware of the importance of life long learning to improve his/her language.
Written Communication, Academic Writing, Commercial Vocabulary, Vocational Vocabulary, Information Retrieval, Meeting Technicalities, Litterature
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Upper secondary school Swedish (native language) or similar knowledge of the language.
Previous course names
until 2005 Business Communication and Business Culture
More detailed course programme will be presented during the first lesson.
Recommended or required reading
Reuter Mikael. 2003. Översättning och språkriktighet. Svenska skrivregler. 2001. Svenska språknämnden. Arcadas Skribentguide. Articles and literature to be informed during the course.
- Lectures - 60 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 15 hours
- Small-group work - 10 hours
- Individual studies - 48 hours
- - 0 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Course completion date
Date for course completion will be announced later
Assignments valid until
Until date 2013-07-31
- 2013-03-05 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions