The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to develop the students oral and writing skills in a professional context. The course also aims to give the student skills to use Finnish in business contexts (writing documents in Finnish, attending meetings, giving presentations, using business texts and vocabulary).
At the end of the course the student is expected to have the language proficiency in Finnish required of public servants in bilingual municipalities and needed to support his or her professional development.
Tourism vocabulary and texts Oral communication Presentations Meetings Letters of application and CV Notices and instructions Reports Grammar and usage
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Level B1 (Common European Framework for Languages)
Obligatory lectures and assignments according to the teachers timetable on Itslearning.
Recommended or required reading
Material distributed by the teacher Kortetjärvi-Nurmi, Kuronen, Ollikainen: Yrityksen viestintä. 2002. ISBN 951-37-3669-5.
- Lectures - 30 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 16 hours
- Practical exercises - 14 hours
- Individual studies - 43 hours
- Internet-based studies - 30 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Written assignments 20% Oral presentations 20% Exam 30% Oral test 30%
- Lindahl Annette
- Rancken Ulrika
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- 2012-10-18 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Other assignments