The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to spot the weaknesses in the student's basic web design knowledge, to strengthen that knowledge and to bring it up to date with current trends and techniques.
After the course the student will have a deeper knowledge of web design that makes it possible for the student to work with web projects on her own e.g. as a freelancer.
1. Repetition of web design foundations 2. The aim of the web page 3. Interface and target group 4. Choosing technique and tool 5. Project
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basics in Graphical User Interfaces, Photoshop and web design.
Previous course names
- Exercise based learning - 48 hours
- Project work and productions - 35 hours
- Individual studies - 30 hours
- Web-based and web-supported studies - 20 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 85 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 48 hours
Mode of Delivery
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Examination 1: Tasks and presentations Examination 2: Finished project Examination 3: Deadlines Examination 4: Presence The emphasis is on the practical work done within deadlines. Absence without notifying the teacher affects the grading even if all tasks would be finished within given timetable.
Course completion date
Date for course completion will be announced later
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions