The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Media culture 2007 (cinematography and editing) - Cinematography and editing masterclass
- Media culture 2008 (cinematography) - Masterclass
- Film and tv 2009 (cinematography and editing) - Documentary work
- Film and tv 2010 (cinematography and editing) - Documentary work
- Film and tv 2011 (cinematography and editing) - Documentary work
- Film and tv 2012 (cinematography and editing) - Documentary work
- Film and tv 2013 (cinematography and editing) - Documentary work
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of this course is to give students a deeper knowledge and insight about the opportunities digital images post production can give the visual storytelling.
After completing the course, students are expected to be able to plan the post production for a movie. Have knowledge of how different formats affect the work and get an insight into color correcting and its possibilities in a post production house. Basics of visual effects will be as a module in the course.
The course consists of three modules, Post-Production managing,-Graidin (color correction)-VFX (digital effects). The course contains visits to various Post Production companies.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
The course is open to all who completed the courses "Kortilm", "Fiction 1" or "Fiction 2"
Previous course names
The course is partly common to all specializations but contains a more specific part of post production affecting your professional role. For cinematographers the course includes a practical task in color correcting.More information can be obtained by the Course Administrator.
Recommended or required reading
Reading List is given in the beginning of the course.
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 20 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 23 hours
- Practical exercises - 50 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Demonstrations and proficiency exams
To pass the course, the student must pass the following examinations: presentations, productions and attendance at specified times (theory lessons) 80%.
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
The timetable of the course
Kursens tidtabell framgår i Asta Course schedule shown in Asta
2013-06-10 - Demonstrations and presentations