The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Media culture 2007 (audio production) - Audio production masterclass
- Media culture 2008 (cinematography) - Extension studies: music recording (studio)
- Media culture 2008 (audio) - Media fundamentals
- Film and tv 2009 (sound and music) - Musicrecording and production
- Film and tv 2010 (sound and music) - Extension studies: recording of music and production
- Film and tv 2011 (sound and music) - Extension studies: recording of music and production
- Film and tv 2012 (sound and music) - Extension studies: recording of music and production
- Film and tv 2013 (sound and music) - Media fundamentals
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
To be able to work individually in the sound studio.
Students will learn how to work with Pro Tools. Students will also learn microphone techniques, mixing console basics and develop their ability to analyze recorded music. Train their listening ability. During the course we will record music.
Music studio basics Mixing console technology Sound processing equipment Signal path Pro Tools Microphone techniques
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Basic audio technology knowledge.
Previous course names
Recommended or required reading
Jukka Laaksonen: Äänityön kivijalka ISBN13: 9789519824574
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 60 hours
- Individual studies - 24 hours
- - 9 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
Student passes the test (driving license) to use the studio and passes the exam.
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
The timetable of the course
4h föreläsning i veckan + 7h individuellt arbete i studion.
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations