The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Media culture 2008 (cinematography) - Extension studies: music recording (studio)
- Media culture 2008 (audio) - Masterclass
- Film and tv 2009 (sound and music) - Musicrecording and production
- Film and tv 2010 (sound and music) - Extension studies: recording of music and production
- Film and tv 2011 (sound and music) - Extension studies: recording of music and production
- Film and tv 2012 (sound and music) - Extension studies: recording of music and production
- Film and tv 2013 (sound and music) - Extension studies: recording of music and production
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
To be familiar with the important organizations in in the Finnish music industry. To know the role of the producers. To be able to handle the recording equipment and to do basic audio mixing in protools.
To get deeper knowledge of musicrecording.
Studio work, mastering classes. Professionalism in audio- engineering.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Music recording 1 (or similar experience)
Recommended or required reading
Luova studiotyö Production, recording, editing and mixing for Pro-Tools 5.1 ISBN 024 0516 400 Stereo microphone techniques ISBN 024 0800 761 Art of digital audio ISBN 024 0515 870
- Lectures - 30 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 80 hours
- Individual studies - 23 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
2-3 ready produced songs.
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions