The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Film and tv 2011 (sound and music) - General studies
- Film and tv 2011 (cinematography and editing) - General studies
- Film and tv 2011 (producing films) - General studies
- Film and tv 2011 (scriptwriting) - General studies
- Film and tv 2011 (online media) - General studies
- Film and tv 2011 (directing) - General studies
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
Training oral and written skills related to media studies and future professional field. The course will also be a support for thesis work including process writing, writing technicalities and academic writing.
At the end of the course the student is expected to have sufficient command of vocabulary in both general and professional areas to present professional subjects in correct and appropriate language, and to be able to write professional
documents necessary in performing the tasks related to studies and future professional needs in the media field.
Academic writing; language correctness, grammar rules, text genres, translation. Business communication, professional writing,
preparing and delivering oral presentations.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Swedish as mother tongue or similar knowledge of Swedish.
To pass the course the student should pass the written examination and the assignments in Swedish, totally 150 points. The grades of the assignments left after deadline will be reduced with 5-10 points.
Last deadline for delayed assignments is 14.2.2014.
Recommended or required reading
von Hertzen, Maria; Stolt, Kerstin (red.): Skrivguide 2009 Version 1.2 [www]. The Skrivguide is located on Arcadas webb site under BIBLIOTEK>> Examensarbete >> Skrivguide.
Lehrer, Solveig. Affärsbrev
Reuter, Mikael. 2006. Översättning och språkriktighet
Svenska skrivregler. 2008. Språkrådet utgivna av svenska språknämnden.
Ehrenberg-Sundin m.fl. Att skriva bättre i jobbet
Schött, Kristina m.fl. Studentens skrivhandbok
Språkhjälpen – språkhjälp för akademiskt skrivande. 2008. [www]
http://www.kielijelppi.fi/framsidan External link
Strömquist, Siv.1999: Uppsatshandboken
Tammerfors tekniska universitet. 2006. Svenska i affärslivet. Skriftlig kommunikation. [www]
http://butler.cc.tut.fi/~johansso/svenskaiaffarslivet/skriftligkommunik… External link
articles and handouts
- Lectures - 60 hours
- Individual- and group instruction - 33 hours
- Small-group work - 40 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the following examinations in Swedish:
Examination 1 Document portfolio 20 p
Examination 2 Reference list 5 p
Examination 3 Abstract presentation 5 p
Examination 4 Written exam 60 p
Examination 5 Summary 20 p
Examination 6 Essay 30 p
Examination 7 Evaluation of oral presentation 10 p
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until date 2014-02-15
- 2014-04-29 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions