The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Im 2005 - 2006 - Engineering and design
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
To give students the understanding and skills to design and analyze engineering components and structures.
-To calculate engineering stresses due to normal loads, shear loads, bending and torsion in engineering components.
-Define the size and material for given engineering components under the application of loads.
-To calculate the maximum allowable loads for given engineering components.
-concept of stress
-design of beams
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Previous course names
Recommended or required reading
"Mechanics of Materials"
- Lectures - 25 hours
- Exercise based learning - 15 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 10 hours
- Project work and productions - 10 hours
- Individual studies - 20 hours
- Total workload of the course: 80 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 30 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 50 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Reports and productions
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
The timetable of the course
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions