The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Business administration 2018 (logistics) - Service development
- Business administration 2018 (marketing) - Service development
- Business administration 2018 (tourism) - Service development
- Business administration 2019 - Service development
- Business administration 2020 - Service development
- International business 2018 - Service development
- International business 2019 - Service development
- International business 2020 - Service development
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is to give understanding of the complexity of business situations and insights how choices made by management effects the company's performance and results. The course contributes to the ability to see a business from a holistic perspective and to understand the interconnection between relevant details.
After completed the course the student should be able to simulate real time decision making and from that draw evidence based conclusions. The student should be able to create different future prospects and flexibly switch between small practical problems and large strategic issues.
The course is implemented as a business game. The game will be presented during the introduction lecture. The students are divided into groups of 4 members.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
All introduction courses must be completed.
Attendance at the introductionlecture is mandatory.
Recommended or required reading
The course is implemented as a business game.
- Lectures - 22 hours
- Practical exercises - 78 hours
- Individual studies - 35 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Will be presented during the introduction lecture.
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended