The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Business administration 2018 (logistics) - Organisational development
- Business administration 2018 (marketing) - Organisational development
- Business administration 2018 (tourism) - Organisational development
- Business administration 2019 - Organisational development
- Business administration 2020 - Organisational development
- International business 2018 - Organisational development
- International business 2019 - Organisational development
- International business 2020 - Organisational development
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aims of the course is that the student can ... identify and discuss the fundamental concepts within leadership illustrate and describe one's own management style, self-awareness and self-management. interpret and evaluate the aspects of self and the interaction with colleagues. identify own strengths and areas of development within self-awareness and self-management and ability to express their own plan for personal development. critique own actions and make meaningful changes in own work-related practices
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to... - explain the multitude of factors that affect human behavior - Develop knowledge of the fundamental concepts within leadership, management and self management and present alternatives for promoting workplaces that enables workers' potential fulfillment - discuss factors that drive performance and well-being in modern work organizations, and how they can be supported in practice - By actively reflecting during the course the student understand own personal leadership, employ some self-management techniques and finds possibilities for stronger self-awareness and through that to personal development - employ techniques that make social interaction more effective and meaningful - employ techniques that help sustain own motivation and improve self-regulation
The course consists of an online course about Personal Leadership (2.9-7.10)and 4 workshops.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
20 completed from the subject module.
The course consists of an online course about Personal Leadership (2.9-7.10)and 4 work-shops. Course introduction 1.9 at 13-15.
Recommended or required reading
Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2017). Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership, 6th edition. Komives, S. R. , Lucas, N., & McMahon, T. R. (2013). Exploring Leadership : For College Students Who Want to Make a Difference (3rd Edition). Wiley.
- Internet-based studies - 100 hours
- workshops - 35 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the following examinations: Discussion forum, reflection diary based on personality tests, quizzes, case study and participation in workshops including learning diary.
- Hernberg Mervi
- Stenius Minna
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions