The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- Information technology 2018 - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2015 (logistics) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2015 (marketing) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2015 (tourism) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2016 (logistics) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2016 (marketing) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2016 (tourism) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2017 (logistics) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2017 (marketing) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2017 (tourism) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2018 (logistics) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2018 (marketing) - Making sense of leadership
- Business administration 2018 (tourism) - Making sense of leadership
- International business 2014 - Leadership and management
- International business 2015 - Making sense of leadership
- International business 2016 - Making sense of leadership
- International business 2017 - Making sense of leadership
- International business 2018 - Making sense of leadership
- Cultural management 2020 - Cultural leadership, cultural policy and international arts operations
The course takes place in period
4 (2022-03-14 to 2022-07-31)
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Total number of ECTS
By the end of the course the student will be
Develop knowledge of the fundamental concepts
within leadership, management and self-
management and present alternatives for
promoting workplaces that enables workers
potential fulfillments. (Knowledge and
The student can as well explain and interpret
the difference between self- awareness and
self-management as understands the importance
of them in the wide context of leadership, both
from a personal and team perspective.
(Knowledge & skills)
By actively reflecting during the course the
student finds possibilities for stronger self-
awareness and through that to personal
development. (Skills & attitude)
At the end of the course the student is
expected to be able to:
1. Identify and discuss the fundamental
concepts within leadership
2. Illustrate and describe one's own management
style, self-awareness and self-management.
3. Interpret and evaluate the aspects of self
and the interaction with colleagues.
4. Identify own strengths and areas of
development within self-awareness and self-
management and ability to express their own
plan for personal development.
Everything will be done it Itslearning and even
though this is totally online I still have contact
with you students on a very regular basis.
The way you students experience the whole course
content makes you also reflect on many aspects
within your own personal leadership, since you in
this course work independently on the assignments
within certain time frames. This means that you
have no mandatory lecture hours for the modules at
all (except the optional course introduction on
the 16th of May at 10:00) and you get acquainted
with the given material self-imposed and finalize
the assignments according to the given time-table.
the 5-week long course is divided into 5 modules
(one module=one week) with versatile content.
Each week is different when it comes to topics and
course activities. In the beginning of each module
(every Monday at 12.00) you will get new course
content (in form of e.g. reading material or video
clips) and assignments according to the topics
introduced to you during that module. You have the
possibility to choose the for you suitable time-
table for studying and completing the tasks for
that module, as long as you do it within the dead-
Course period 16.5-19.6.2022.
Teaching language is English.
In this online course there will be no lectures
via Zoom, except an optional course introduction
on the 16th of May at 10.00-11.00. Link will be
shared in Itslearning.
IN ORDER TO PASS THE COURSE, ATTENDANCE DURING
ALL THE 5 COURSE WEEKS, FROM THE FIRST COURSE
MODULE IS REQUIRED. STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT ACTIVE
DURING THE FIRST COURSE MODULE WILL BE UN-
ENROLLED FROM THE COURSE.
Recommended or required reading
Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2017). Reframing
Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership,
Komives, S. R. , Lucas, N., & McMahon, T. R.
(2013). Exploring Leadership : For College
Students Who Want to Make a Difference (3rd
Additional to these each course will have it's
specific reading material.
Internet-based studies - 135 hours
- Total workload of the course: 135 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 135 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Virtual self studies
Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
To pass the course the student should pass the
Discussion forum, reflection diary based
on personality tests,quizzes, case
Home page of the course
No limit (43 students enrolled)
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
The timetable of the course
Course period 16.5-19.6.2022.
Course enrolment period
2022-04-27 to 2022-05-15
Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
|2022-05-16||10:00 - 11:00||Personal Leadership||Course introduction in Zoom. Link will be sent via Itslearning||Hernberg Mervi|