The course is included in these curricula and study modules
<a href="/en/curricula/301000/2021-2022/52">Mechanical design and manufacturing 2005 - Polymer technology</a>
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
To understand the planning of a product between a part with undercuts, tool design with cammed mould and manufacturing injection techniques. To exercise
different structure solutions and to document a work to a technical documentation whit a table of contents.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to design a mould with different partliness, with several undercuts and cammed molds.
- To bee able to use standardized constructions to fulfill complicated structure.
- Materials to a product with different undercuts.
- Injection moulding processes.
- Use of standard components of cammed molds for part with undercuts cams moved in vertical direction when a mold is opened.
- To define the partlines of a product with undercuts.
- Hot and cold runner systems.
- Mould design guidelines of a cammed mould (runner design, part thickness, and drafts).
- Cammed mould standards and components.
- Ejector systems in a cammed mould system.
- Cooling systems of cammed moulds
- Use of mold flow software.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Solid Modelling, 3-D CAD course
Recommended or required reading
- Lectures - 40 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 13 hours
- Laboratory lessons and tasks in a simulated environment - 40 hours
- Individual studies - 40 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 40 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 93 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Home page of the course
Course completion date
Date for course completion will be announced later
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended