The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course: the student knows the basic elements in written and oral communication. He/she has a linguistic knowledgness and is aware of the importance of continuous learning to improve his/her linguistic skills.
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to use his/her mother tongue correctly in different communication situations. He/she is familiar with basic business communication and can independently produce documents related to his/her own vocational branch. He/she is aware of the importance of life long learning to improve his/her mother tongue.
Written Communication, Commercial Vocabulary, Vocational Vocabulary, Information Retrieval, Meeting Technicalities, Literature.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Swedish as mother tongue or similar knowledge of Swedish.
Recommended or required reading
Reuter, Mikael 2006 Översättning och språkriktighet. Helsingfors: Svensk språktjänst Ab
Svenska skrivregler 2001 Svenska språknämnden Andra upplagan. Stokholm:Liber ISBN...
- Lectures - 15 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 3 hours
- Exercise based learning - 15 hours
- Tuition managed by students but supervised by the teacher - 10 hours
- Individual studies - 90 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 90 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 43 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Reports and productions
Assignments valid until
Until date 2006-12-15
The timetable of the course
Exakt program ges då kursen börjar. Tiderna finns utsatta i ARBS.
- 2008-10-20 - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions
- Date will be announced later - Essays