The course is included in these curricula and study modules
- (media technology 2005 (signal processing & web programming) - Basic of media technology
- Media technology 2006 - Basic of media technology
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
At the end of the course the student is expected to be able to have
knowledge in the formational and technical basics of video production.
Components of the video camera, video technology, handling of the
video camera, basics of picture language, use of editing equipment,
basics of editing. Short introduction to illumination.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Computer knowledge, Photography and digital imagery
Recommended or required reading
Roy Thompson: Grammar of the Shot. Focal Press 1995.
Fauer, Jon: Dvcam A practical guide to the professional system. Focal Press 2001.
Zettl, Herbert: Video basics 4. Belmont Wadsworth cop. 2004.
Ward, Peter: Digital video camerawork. Oxford Focal 2001.
Jackman, John: Lightning for Digital Video & Television. CMP Books 2002.
- Lectures - 35 hours
- Excursions and demonstrations - 15 hours
- Exercise based learning - 12 hours
- Project work and productions - 30 hours
- Individual studies - 41 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 71 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 62 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Reports and productions
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
- 2006-10-30 - Exams
- 2006-10-30 - Reports and productions