The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Cycle/level of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The aim of the course is that students are able to design sound for
film, to edit sound for film.
At the end of the course the student is expected to know the
basic terminology in sound editing and design.
Student is able to plan desired time table for editing sound.
Student is able to edit dialogue, use sound archives, record
sound effects, do foley, organize sound editing with available
8 lessons with theory.
Supervised sound design, sound editing and re-recording of a
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Recommended or required reading
Dialogue Editing for Motion Pictures: A Guide to the Invisible Art
Tomlinson Holman: Surround Sound, Second Edition: Up and
- Lectures - 80 hours
- Practical exercises - 20 hours
- Project- and production work/artistic activities - 33 hours
- Total workload of the course: 133 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 133 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Exams (written-, oral-, home-)
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
12 months after course has ended
- Date of examination will be announced later - Exams
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions