The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The seminar is designed to train students in the use of the
various research methods used in business research and get
them started on their Final Thesis Project.
After completing the course the student should be able to
plan and execute business research projects as well as
reporting the results in a professional manner.
Aspects of International Business research is covered and
subsequently discussed by students. Methodological
questions are given a special priority.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
All first and second year courses.
Previous course names
The course also consists of AS-4-002 Research
Methodology, 2 cr. More information will be given in class.
Attendance is obligatory.
Recommended or required reading
Info @ Google Books
Title: How to Research (3rd Edition)
Author: Blaxter, Loraine
Add. authors: Hughes, Christina
Subject: Research -- Methodology.
Imprint: Open University Press : Buckingham, , GBR
External: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/arcada/docDetail.action External link?
adv.x=1& amp;d=all& amp;f00=title& amp;f01=author&
amp;p00=how+to+research& amp;p01=hughes& amp;p02=&
- Lectures - 25 hours
- Practical exercises - 15 hours
- Individual studies - 80 hours
- Total workload of the course: 120 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 120 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
- Demonstrations and proficiency exams
- Essays, reports, productions and portfolio
Home page of the course
Assignments valid until
Until further notice
The timetable of the course
Will be given during the first session
- Date will be announced later - Demonstrations and presentations
- Date will be announced later - Reports and productions