The course is included in these curricula and study modules
Marketing of travel and tourism - General studies (tourism)
Type of course
Recommended year of study
Total number of ECTS
The course aims to develop professional communication skills related to the tourism industry, both written and spoken.
- demonstrate lexical and grammatical competence in written and spoken professional contexts.
- demonstrate the ability to write effective key professional documents, including work applications & CVs.
- prepare and deliver a presentation of professional interest with effective use of IT tools, e.g. PowerPoint.
- participate effectively in meetings and routine discussions.
- participate in routine customer service interactions in English.
- have enhanced the ability to participate in social communication in the professional setting common to routine interactions.
Hotel and restaurant terminology, gastronomic terms, routine correspondence, work applications & CVs, customer service, meetings, negotiations, presentations.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Upper secondary school education or similar
Attendance to all classes is compulsory. All graded assignments are subject to deadlines and must be completed BEFORE the exam.
Assessment is based on participation, completed course work and the final exam.
Recommended or required reading
Av läraren utdelat material
Material distributed by the lecturer
- Group work
- Written report
- Individual work
- Total workload of the course: 0 hours
- Of which autonomous studies: 0 hours
- Of which scheduled studies: 0 hours
Mode of Delivery
Participation in tuition
Assignments valid until
Until date 2006-04-21